Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus 1 hour chilling time)
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 2 cups milk
- 1/8 cup rice flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. coconut
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped pistachios
- In a food processor or blender, grind almonds until fine.
- Add 2 tablespoons of milk and blend to a smooth paste.
- In a small bowl, combine rice flour with 1 tablespoon of milk and stir to a pastelike consistency.
- Pour remaining milk and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Turn heat down to a simmer.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot milk to rice flour mixture and mix well.
- Scrape all of the rice flour mixture into the milk in saucepan, stirring to combine.
- Add almond paste to saucepan and stir constantly.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens.
- Divide into individual dessert dishes, garnish with coconut and pistachios, and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.